Northbank Chambers is one of Queensland's leading and most long-standing chambers practising in all areas of commercial law.
It has thirteen barristers with a wide range of practice areas, experience and seniority, including five Queen’s Counsel.
Northbank Chambers was formerly (and affectionately) known by the name of its service company "Librarian Services". It commenced in premises at Level 17 of the former MLC Centre at 239 George Street in 1976. It moved to the current premises in August 2009.
It has a long tradition of members accepting judicial appointments including:—
- The current Governor of Queensland and former Chief Justice of Queensland, His Excellency, the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC;
- Current Justice of Appeal of the Supreme Court of Queensland: the Honourable Justice Hugh Fraser;
- Current Justices of the Supreme Court of Queensland: the Honourable Justice Debra Mullins and the Honourable Justice John Bond;
- Current Judge of the District Court of Queensland: Judge Bernard Porter QC;
- Former President of the Court of Appeal of the Supreme Court of Queensland: the Honourable Tony Fitzgerald AC;
- Former Justices of Appeal of the Supreme Court of Queensland: the Honourable Geoffrey Davies AO and the the late Honourable John Muir QC;
- Former Justices of the Supreme Court of Queensland: the late Honourable William Carter and the late Honourable Peter Dutney;
- Former Justice of the Federal Court of Australia: the Honourable Douglas Drummond;
- Former Justice of the Federal Court of Australia and now leading appellate advocate based at the Sydney bar: Mr David Jackson AM QC;
- Former Justice of the Family Court of Australia: the Honourable Donna O'Reilly;
- Former Judges of the District Court of Queensland: the late Judge Neil McLaughlin QC and the late Senior Judge Tony Skoien.
It is also the former chambers of the now retired Mr Mark Hinson QC, who was a valued member of Northbank Chambers for in excess of 24 years.